FINALLY … back on ANZAC over the weekend (Sunday) – spent 4 hours with Terry putting up purlins, replaced a truss which was brought down by last weeks storm – a case of having put it in place (temporarily) 5 weeks ago as it started to rain thinking I would be back the next day to finish …. 5 weeks later the rain stops, but too late.
We put the tarp back over the cockpit opening, I was hopping some of the rain and air would help air out the boat.
We have 4 trusses to go and the platform then we can cover her up.
29-30 July 2017 – as luck would have it, the weather has cleared up – forecast for both Saturday and Sunday clear blue sky’s! Perfect – but timing off. Busy all weekend with family, birthdays lunches etc.
I did manage 2-3 hours on the Saturday afternoon to complete the base framing and measure out the top plate for the arches – cut and fixed plate to the arch already in place. Have the template now for the remainder which I can prepare on the ground.
Managed to install a few of the trusses and get part of the ridge board up.
Also had a “Jesus moment” and managed to put a nail through my finger.
Has been a while – busy at work, and the weather has been constantly wet.
I have not bee slacking though. I have purchased and had delivered the first lot of timber to construct the temporary boat shed (last week).
Over the weekend we built the template for the arches – see the attached pictures. It is easier to bend the frames by simply standing on them. I marked out where the packers are to go and put a stop end on – this will allow me to make the apex match on each arch.
Now to make 12 sets of arches.
Again the timber was too wet to cut some of the larger lengths of wood – first casualty was my old skill saw (22 years old) cooked the motor – so time to get a new one.
A few days ago I purchased the materials I needed to build a cradle for the tender (clinker), have been meaning to for some time to put this together. I spotted on the internet a few ideas and have modified to something I think will work.
With the adjustable straps (tie downs) supporting the boat I believe I can have the tender both up the right way and upside down – will see how it goes.
I cut out the frame on the 1st Feb and assembled on the 5nd Feb. I will attach some castor wheels to the base so I can wheel it in and out of the garage – keeping the dust out of the place.