FINALLY … back on ANZAC over the weekend (Sunday) – spent 4 hours with Terry putting up purlins, replaced a truss which was brought down by last weeks storm – a case of having put it in place (temporarily) 5 weeks ago as it started to rain thinking I would be back the next day to finish …. 5 weeks later the rain stops, but too late.
We put the tarp back over the cockpit opening, I was hopping some of the rain and air would help air out the boat.
We have 4 trusses to go and the platform then we can cover her up.
After 4 weeks in Christchurch I had a few days of work, completing the house hold chores left me a day to work on ANZAC.
I have been wanting to get the wheelhouse off for some time and today was the day. I removed the glass from the 10 windows and broke out the skill saw and cut the post and rolled the roof over the side. The plywood sides were then cut off – these proving that a good glue and screw job is nearly indestructible.
This now allows me to remove the motor and fuel tank – maybe next weeks job – this will allow me fill access to the interior walls and frame.
I am recycling the roof frames into the now new opening. Will now work out where the original upper portion of the cabin finished and rebuild as close to the original as possible.