More Plugs & Plank removal

Week ending 7 October 2018

A weekly update here – more of the same but a lot more progress. Started the week making more plugs, removing ribs and sanding the interior planks around the bow. I then epoxied in plugs looking to finish off the port side ready for rib installation – only a few rib removals left.

For a change I cut out the damaged planks on the starboard side.

I then opened up the planks around the front stem as they looked in poor condition as well as not sitting right. One of the planks was split so needed to be replaced.

Will have to replace a section of the front stem. Finished the weekend by purchasing some Kauri planks to replace the ones removed.

 

Advertisements

Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in:

WordPress.com Logo

You are commenting using your WordPress.com account. Log Out /  Change )

Google+ photo

You are commenting using your Google+ account. Log Out /  Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out /  Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out /  Change )

Connecting to %s