Rib Removal (Con)

7 & 8 July 2018

Spent a few hours on Saturday and Sunday removing more ribs from ANZAC and cleaning up the inside of the hull.

I put the sander on to some of the interior structural timbers – the original builders used some beautiful timber when she was first built! I am also cleaning any paint from the interior side of the hull planks – this is much easier with the ribs out and is taking no time at all – it will look like new once the ribs are back in.

Rib removal is not very exciting but I am starting to see more progress. The stern section only requires 4 ribs to be replaced (as at some point this area has been replace recently) the other 3 sections we will replace them all, will be tricky around the engine beds.

The new rib material was delivered on Friday, so I dropped into the chandlery store to confirm the correct gauge copper nails – I will order these this week, but want to firstly re-count the number required. I also checked out the size of roves used – there appears to be a mixture used on ANZAC depending on where you look.

 

Will have a go at plugging the old nail holes this week.

 

 

Advertisements

Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in:

WordPress.com Logo

You are commenting using your WordPress.com account. Log Out /  Change )

Google+ photo

You are commenting using your Google+ account. Log Out /  Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out /  Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out /  Change )

w

Connecting to %s