Sunday 17 June 2018
Today the rear canopy was removed. After some puffing and panting Terry and I managed to get the canopy off and outside the boat shed.
Started to clean up the remainder of the window frames etc. which we cut around. ANZAC is starting to look more like her original self when first launched.
I will look to re-use the canopy although I intend to reduce the overall size of it, and add a hatch over the steering area. The windows will be increased in size also.
Only a few more items left to remove – winch, rudder, prop and misc. fittings and she will be back to the straight framing. The ribs have been ordered – due mid July. So I intend to have the last items removed and the hull sanded before the ribs arrive. Then onto replacing most if not all the ribs – need to order copper nails and roves!